Website Portland State University
Portland State University (PSU) is a thriving campus in the heart of Portland, easily accessible by bike and public transit, and surrounded by many restaurants, food carts, parks, and local businesses. As Oregon’s most affordable public research university, Portland State University offers tremendous opportunity to 27,000 students from all backgrounds. Our mission to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to finding innovative, sustainable solutions to local and global problems. Our location in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities gives our students unmatched access to career connections and an internationally acclaimed culture scene.
PSU’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) — recently ranked one of the Best Places to Work in IT — empowers students, faculty, and staff through technology. Our number one value is our employees: we support a culture of inclusion, actively encourage a healthy work-life balance, and strive to support our employees professionally and personally. We strongly support professional development, and there are many opportunities on campus and in the local Portland area. PSU offers a sizable tuition discount and we encourage our staff to take advantage of this, be it for pursuing a degree or personal interest. In OIT, we believe that this type of support creates a positive environment for our employees both at work and in their personal lives. We are a department of dynamic, engaged, collaborative, and communicative people, and seek to attract more of the same. Read more about why we’re a great place to work at https://www.pdx.edu/oit/employment
This position exists within the Office of Information Solutions (IS), which provides the following services to PSU faculty, staff, and students:
- Technical development and support of PSU’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution: Ellucian Banner Student, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Human Resources, and Financial Aid
- Technical development and support of interfaces to PSU’s administrative systems such as the library, degree audit and housing
- Working with our campus partners to design and deliver innovative and efficient administrative applications.
In this position, you will design, analyze, develop, implement and/or maintain enhancements and interfaces to the University ERP solution, Banner. You will also serve as a project lead and provide technical leadership and mentorship to the IS Team. Your work supporting the ERP will contribute to the campus community’s efforts to support student success.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Five years experience in application systems design, programming and analysis
- Experience with SQL, Linux and Linux shell programming
- Significant experience with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to mentor others in best practices and procedures
- Ability to manage a workload that includes short and long-term projects, immediate problem-solving and ongoing product maintenance of code and documentation
- Ability to produce accurate and reliable work within deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology, revisions in project specifications and reprioritization of work assignments
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, production environment and to provide occasional evening and weekend support
- Proven ability in taking the initiative to quickly master new technologies with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work with sensitive/confidential information and to handle such information as required by Federal, State, and OIT regulations/policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with java, python and C programming languages
- Experience with grails platform
- Experience writing web services
- Strong group leadership and project implementation skills
- Experience with Ellucian’s Banner ERP
- Experience in a university environment
Key Cultural Competencies:
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $66,360 and $80,000/year with an excellent benefits package including 95% employer paid premiums (employees and eligible dependents) and significantly reduced tuition rates for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Oregon Public Universities. After completing six full months employees are eligible to choose between our two employer paid pension programs in addition to two voluntary retirement programs. Wellness options include access to the PSU rec center at a reduced rate and free wellness programs. For a comprehensive view of all PSU benefits, visit the PSU Total Compensation Calculator page (https://www.pdx.edu/hr/psu-total-compensation-calculator).
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position or once you receive a position with Portland State University, please call 503-725-4926 or email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org